Monday, March 03, 2008

In all likelihood, my kids are cooler than yours.

Moreover, at some point, they will probably kick your kids' asses.

Exhibit "A" - The boy (age 2) is riding in the car and Ride of the Valkyrie comes on. He begins singing "BUM-BUM-BUM BOM!" while flailing fists in the air. When the song is over his little voice says "AGAIN!" When the song is played again, he snarls his lip like Elvis.

Exhibit "B" - The boy and I are watching a Kung-fu movie. He is in my lap. Without provocation, a foot lands squarely in my face, followed by a roundhouse punch that knocks my glasses off. The boy smiles.

Exhibit "C" - The girl (age 3) loves Avatar. She can correctly imitate the Hung Ga Earthbending moves perfectly. On a lark, I instruct her on how to assume a balanced stance, have us touch forearms, tell her to close her eyes and tell her to prevent me from touching her with my hand. I do a simple wrist turning trick, thinking she will not know what to do. She not only reverses the wrist lock, but, pulls me forward and connects with a haymaker to the ear. I quote "Fight Club" at her ("You punched me in the ear!") and we had a laugh about it.

A storm is coming, and your kids better not be in the way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home