Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Pretty Christmas


I went crazy with Christmas lights and my house is pretty well lit. It was worth it though. Prior to this, the wife would take the kids driving around and spot the houses with nice lights... "Pretty Christmas outside John-John's window... Pretty Christmas outside Elizabeth's window" being the operative call words.

Well, I was stringing up these lights well after 10:30 at night. Elizabeth was outside with me "helping" by putting empty boxes in her red wagon. So... the time comes to light-er-up (I have a remote on/off switch so I can stand 40 feet away and push a button so they all come on at once). When I do, Elizabeth's face gets real wide-eyed and she turns to me and says, with a great deal of pride, "That's MY house." "Pretty Christmas at MY house!" and gives me a big hug.

Christmas lights - $350.00
Hanging lights - 5 Man-Hours
The look on my daughters face when HER house gets Pretty Christmas - Priceless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home