Friday, May 30, 2008

Harvey Korman - R.I.P.

Somewhere, in the back of my mind, I can see Tim Conway coming up to the coffin at the wake, looking at the body for a second too long, and Harvey Korman starting to laugh.

P.S. Too many memories of this guy to leave it at that:

Harvey Korman: One please... Uhh... Student?
St. Peter: Are you kidding?
Harvey Korman: Pain in the ass.

P.P.S. Yes, I know he did not write his own jokes in the movies I love him in. However, a less talented comedian would have simply said the lines and the jokes would have had to carry their own weight. Korman was one of those guys who takes a written comedy script, adds himself to it, and makes it even funnier. It takes a lot of talent to say "Don't get saucy with me, Bearnaise" as a straight man. He had that type of talent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home