Monday, February 05, 2007

Couple notes about Super Bowl XLI

Pre-Game - The pre-game show could not have been any gayer. It was like the Summer Olympics were being held in San Francisco, but broadcast in French by Andy Dick. I would not have been surprised if, at some point, some "guy" went flying across the screen with a rainbow streaming from his ass. In fact, I think I saw that out of the corner of my eye.

NFL, for the future, the Super Bowl should be an event whereby Americans make the rest of the world tremble with fear at our love of things violent, militaristic and dripping with jingoism. The way this thing went down, next year we are going to need polar bears with metal claws and wild stallions with adamantium antlers fused into their skulls fighting to the death to make up for lost ground. When the Thunderbirds did their fly-over, I wondered how cool it would have been if they came a little earlier and dropped some cluster munitions on the pre-game show. When that didn't happen, I actually wished the Super Bowl was held in Philly. Those Cirque de Soleil faeries would have been sent running from the field, with size D batteries sticking out of their heads. Now that I think about it, I think that should be next years pre-game show.

Katie Couric - How did this venomous "V" (think 1980s t.v.) find her way into my high holy day's line up? I half expected her to get caught eating a guinea pig in between segments.

The Game - While not exactly the best game in terms of execution and style, I'll be damned if it was not one of the more exciting ones in a while. I used to think it should be held in a dome each year. Screw that. Next year, I want rain machines and wind tunnels.

Rex Grossman looks like he is trying to throw a ball to Jupiter when he tries to go deep.

Peyton Manning is a cyborg. A goofy cyborg that goes "aw, shucks" instead of "fuck you, asshole." I am willing to bet $100 that Payton was in bed last night before 12:00 and, before he rested his tired eyes, he looked up at the Colts pennant on his wall and gave himself a little pump-fisted "yes!" under his Colts blanket before saying his prayers.

The "black coach" thing - Frankly, I did not want to hear about it. No, not because I am some sort of racist jerk-off. Rather, I long for the day that a great coach, who happens to be black, can just be a "great coach" instead of a "great black coach." You know, that whole "content of their character" thing?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home